We all struggle with some type of adversity in our lives …
… and no one’s life is perfect, no matter how perfect you may think it looks from the outside.
There are some key things that you need to realize about overcoming adversity.
And following good tips for overcoming the rough patches in your life helps ease the hard times, when they come.
By following some of these tips you will be able to overcome the challenges in your life …
Watch Free Videos on Focus
Discover the underground tactics to eliminate distractions stay focused and kick your 2019 goals butt, just by watching 3 simple power packed videos.
… and become a better, stronger and more resilient you than you have ever been before!
Adversity Will Always Takes Its Toll, but We Can Learn to Ease these Burdens
- Negativity is everywhere, from TV to Facebook. It can’t always be controlled, but it can be monitored and kept at bay.
- When a hardship, the definition of adversity, hits us as an unexpected event or a life changing event occurs, and we are left to pick up the pieces of our life and readjust to the next chapter.
- Adversity is something everyone deals with; it takes a toll on our confidence, belief in ourselves, careers, relationships, and happiness.
- Examples of adversity include divorce, the loss of a loved one, sickness, a learning or physical disability, job loss, etc.
The Goal Has to Be the Focus – Do Not Get Trapped by the Hardship
- Turn over a new leaf – choose a positive path of thinking rather than obsessively thinking about the negative hardship that has affected your life.
- Make it your mission to overcome adversity, conquer it and then use your focus to become a mentor or role model for anyone else facing a hardship.
- Focus on the good: perhaps the hardship has worked for you and you didn’t realize it. You have become closer to family for support and friends. The opportunity to seek out resources and think outside of the box, a chance to start over with greater willpower and resilience, the possibilities are endless when you focus on the goal and not the hardship.
Make a List of Your Accomplishments and Review them Daily
- Overcome adversity by making lists – every morning, write down or get a list making app and take note of every accomplishment you have made. Review the list throughout the day and after you get into bed and before going to sleep at night.
- How can you get through these hardships? Build another list of your goals. Brainstorm and take note of the ideas you have about reaching each goal.
- Create a vision board – include images that bring positive thoughts to mind of your goals, inspirational quotes, and any other types of pictures that bring out feelings of happiness.
Everything Passes – Even the Tough Stuff
- Avoid thinking this hardship is forever – it is not, and it will pass.
- Look toward the future – remember and focus on the things you have the ability to achieve, the places you want to see, the people you have yet and want to meet, and the career you see for yourself.
- Here’s an affirmation you should use: “This moment is meant to teach me something important. When the lesson has been learned, the hardship will pass, and greater things are in store. I can’t wait to see what wonderful things will happen!”
Your Gut is Smarter than You Think It Is
- Don’t just go through the motions of this challenging time, listen to yourself and ignore everyone else.
- What feels right and what feels wrong, as you go through the hardship? Are you taking steps to improve your attitude? Make sure you separate yourself from the people who pull you down.
Find Something Laugh about Every Day
- Find a reason to laugh once a day, and let go some of the seriousness of your situation. Laugh a few times a day, and you’ll heal quicker from the emotional pain.
- Look at old photos from when you were young and crazy and laugh at your hair styles and clothes that you thought were cool from two or three decades ago!
- Go through old journals if you have them, and look for patterns of evolution and positive changes that took place. And if you do not have any old journals make the directions to start and let the process continue to take place and make a positive change.
- Give thanks for all you’ve learned up to this point and all you will continue to learn, including this very moment, learning is the key to making the positive change you need in your life.
A Few Last Thoughts …
As you figure out how to laugh about the toughest moments in your life …
… and tear down those negative thought walls with the powerful, positive thoughts, you will get through the rough parts with less and less effort and struggle.
Allow your life to continue to be a beacon of positive thought and influence to your inner power …
… and the people around you as it always has been and it always will be!